January 29, 2021
Here's to a great tradition of bringing baked goods out to the orchard for our annual Wass'howl celebration in January. The pretzel dough can be made in a bread maker which makes them a really quick and easy snack to go well with our Revival Semi-Dry cider or a warm glass of Spiced Cherry cider - these pretzels are making me thirsty!
1) Place the 1 cup water, butter, sugar, salt, flour and dry yeast in the bread machine pan in the order listed. Do not mix.
2) Select the dough setting and press start. When cycle is complete, remove the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface.
3) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and give a light spray with cooking oil.
4) Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each piece into a 18 - 20" rope.
5) Shape your rope into a U shape and cross over 1 - 2 times, bringing the ends towards you and press the dough where it intersects at the bottom.
6) Prepare the baking soda water in a large pot set to rapid simmer; dissolving the baking soda in the water. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer.
7) Place 1 - 2 pretzels into the water making sure not to crowd them. Cook for 30 seconds and flip; cook for an additional 30 seconds.
8) Using a slotted spoon, remove the pretzels and transfer to the baking sheet.
9) Prepare the egg wash by whisking the egg with 1 tsp water. Brush the pretzels on the baking sheet. Sprinkle coarse salt across the top.
10) Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 - 12 minutes until gold brown. Remove and brush with melted butter before serving.
May 20, 2022
April 13, 2022
Celebrate spring with this brunch classic. A chilled glass of Lavender Plum cider pairs beautifully with a slice of this ham quiche.
March 17, 2022